The Reichsburg Cochem is a castle complex in the Rhineland-Palatinate town of Cochem on the Moselle. It stands on a mountain at 154 m above sea level (entrance) above the city. As a summit castle, it belongs to the type of hilltop castles.
According to the results of current castle research, the complex, which served as a customs castle in the Middle Ages, was probably built around 1100 or in the first half of the 12th century.
After it had been destroyed in the 17th century, the Berlin merchant and later Geheime Kommerzienrat Louis Fréderic Jacques Ravené had it rebuilt according to the taste of castle romanticism in the years from 1868 to 1877.
Cochem Castle was designed in the Neo-Gothic style during the period of historicism. According to the Monument Protection Act of Rhineland-Palatinate, it is a protected cultural monument and registered in the state monument list.
In addition, the complex is a protected cultural asset under the Hague Convention and is marked with the blue and white protective sign.