The Castle of Diósgyőr is a medieval castle in the historical town of Diósgyőr which is now part of the Northern Hungarian city Miskolc. The first Castle of Diósgyőr was built probably in the 12th century and was destroyed during the Mongol invasion (1241–42).
The current, Gothic castle was built after the invasion and reached the peak of its importance during the reign of King Louis the Great (1342-1382). Later it became a wedding gift for the queens of Hungary, which it remained until the Ottoman invasion of Hungary in the 16th century.
By the end of the 17th century it was already in ruins. Archaeological excavations were made from the 1960s. In 2014 the castle was restored, the rooms are furnished with Mediaeval-style furniture.